View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

It breaks my heart to say this as I will be honest and say if someone was in person with me and offering a pup I knew was in that position I can't say for certain I wouldn't give them a couple hundred to save one pup-I hope I would be strong enough to remember this in that moment...and do all of the above you mentioned, which is much of what I am already doing now.

IF WE DON'T BUY THEM THEY WON'T BREED THEM. Buying a pup from a pup mill, BYB, Greeder, or otherwise irresponsible individual (brokers are the worse scum out there IMO) anyways BUYING A PUP IS NOT RESCUING A PUP...yes you save that one pup but because you supported such practices you just condemned their parents, siblings to a life of torture. We can protest all day long but the reality is the mighty dollar speaks more than our words or actions-well the action is to refuse to financially support this industry-not one pup mill does this if it is not profitable...BYB may do free to good home-but I don't believe that's the overall reality based on my experience.

I found out the hard way I supported a Greeder in getting my Elvis. long story short she offered me a replacement pup for Elvis considering the issues...sent me pics of pups in cages outdoors and in gross conditions...i forwarded those pics to the local animal control...
I adopted my Scoobers from the pound as a rescue-he is a Schnorkie a designer breed I love Schnorkies-the reality is 90%+ of designer breed dogs are bred by pup mills...his chip was registered to a breeder...who had several hundred dogs registered!

What can we do...speak out, turn them in, post everywhere, tell people as long as you are honest in facts (not just saying you believe this or that but you know this or that) then you are not slandering. DO NOT FINANCIALLY SUPPORT IRRESPONSIBLE BREEDING PRACTICES.

If a pet store you love starts offering these pups, don't shop there anymore, if your neighbor is a BYB or a mini pup mill-turn them in! It only takes people ignoring, blindly financially supporting, or turning the other way for this sickening treatment of animals to thrive. Many people on here think I'm overly down on both Petsmart and Petco...they sell chinchillas from chin farms-the same as pup mills I will NEVER financially support either of those stores because they continue to support chin farms...that's my stand, along with my rescue work and non prof work , letter writing-which does little, but my boycott and spreading the word seems to be the most effective.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!