View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schanls View Post
OK I will put them all back in and just keep picking up and putting back in when they get out. Mom eats at least 5-6 times per day with a scrambled egg every morning for breakfast and is on a calcium supplement. I keep them warm and out of any drafts. I was not expecting them to be this active this soon. I sure wasn't expecting them to starting peeing everywhere so soon either - they just kinda pee and scoot!!

She seems to be a good mom but she does have a few quirks. When one of the pups gets too far from her and starts to cry - she will bark until I come in and move the pup back to her! She is also staying out of the whelping box way more than I had anticipated at this time. Pups continue to gain weight and look very healthy so I guess everything is good. At birth they weight 3-4 ounces and now they are 12 - 15 ounces. Any more advice on what to expect as they grow would be great! thanks..shelley
Sounds like you got active ones. Mom's depend on us to assist her with the pups, we just have to be there should one of the pups gets into trouble....

I usually line the entire play pen with washable pee pads and change the whelping box bedding at least 3 times a day. So yes we're kept pretty busy and it'll only get worse, wait till she begins their training in earnest......about 8 weeks of age.....and when you begin offering them food....oh my so messy.

Just keep asking questions and we'll keep answering. The one piece of advice is that never expect the norm. Your work is not done until these pups go to their forever home.

Last edited by Mardelin; 03-15-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!