View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
roseylovestosho
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Would appreciate everyone's opinion!

I'm writing a paper regarding political scandals (PLEASE THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT ANY SPECIFIC POLITICIAN/PARTY OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT) and I think that people may perceive incumbents that are involved in a scandal differently depending on what type of scandal it is. By type I mean whether a scandal is professional versus personal (i.e. professional being a scandal related to the politician exploiting their position, etc while personal being a scandal related to a family issue perhaps cheating on their wife). What do you guys think? Would you penalize an incumbent MORE at the polls for being involved in a professional scandal versus a personal one? Do you consider both scandals to be equally as bad? Do you think both types speak to a representative's competence? What about integrity?

Again, this is not a political discussion per se, it's more a discussion about what is important to you as a voter when voting for or against your incumbent (whether your district representative, or Senate).

Can't wait to hear your input!

Join today and remove this ad!