View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Default It's been almost 4 weeks!

Hope is doing MUCH better. She stopped barking at every little thing. She knows to pee and poop in the grass. However, she gets so scared occasionally and just wants to come home. She will go to the apartment door, which is frustrating because I need her to go potty. Will she ever stop being so scared so easily? My patience is running dry...I know I know, she's improved A LOT in 4 weeks (I agree!). She also has stopped snapping at Carmel and Emma too. Just one time last night, which is a HUGE improvement. Emma WANTS to play with her, but she doesn't know how to respond. Emma will go and jump around her and smell her. Emma follows her too...She will smell Emma too and then Emma gets too excited and starts jumping all over the place. It's really cute (will post a picture one of these days). Will Hope ever learn to play with Emma?

ALSO, she got her dental. She can bite her kibbles now. However, she still swallows...because she learned to just swallow all her life as her teeth were in too much pain. How do I teach her to bite and not swallow? I try to use Kong to feed her instead of standard bowl. She gets SO EXCITED at the sight of food...it's INSANE. How do I train her to stay calm...? She's also getting...fat...so I need to cut down her kibbles (haven't yet)...but every time after she eats...she acts like she's still hungry...

Lastly, when I hold Hope in my arms to go out to go potty. When I try to give her a kiss, she would yelp. When I put my face near her, she'd pull away and yelp. Then, she'd be scared when we go outside and then she won't go potty. This is so frustrating...I don't know what to do! I feel like she doesn't like me...sometimes it really feels like I'm banging my head against the wall!!! Please help! I once thought about keeping her, but now, I highly doubt it. It feels a little better after my rant. Thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!