View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Oh my gosh....we have an angel in our midst!!! She has chosen to remain anonymous for now but I want you all to know that a very kind YTer picked up little Buffy this morning. We took her to the surgeon immediately. She has been admitted and surgery will be tomorrow.
Poor little angel has been through so much. Her leg was fractured in January .. both bones in her left lower front leg...the radius and ulna....and because the owner could not afford surgery her vet put a splint on it. She only had about a 10% chance of healing from that. Just so sad. Anyway....here it is 8 weeks later...thank God they surrendered her. She was actually running around her house with that thing on. And, NO pain meds. Just horrifying to me. When they took the splint off, they said it was disturbing....her little leg was just flopping. I will know more details tomorrow...but for sure she will need bone grafting and pins, plates and screws.
Below are a couple of pics. They are not great...but she is a beautiful little girl...and so sweet!
Thank you to our anonymous friend here.....Buffy is so lucky to have you!! You are a wonderful person to do what you are doing for this precious pup. I shudder to think what might have happened to her had you not stepped up to help her. I simply could not take another one and had no other options for her.

buffy2.jpg

buffy1.jpg
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!