View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
Jaspermom
Yorkies Rock My World!

Teeth Here here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubletb

This is a board, it means you can come here to ask questions, post a disagreement, have an opinion, or just post a quick Hello!! No one should feel that they can not post. This board is an open forum for all yorkie owners who are members, that alone gives people a right to ask questions and post answers.

I don't think any of our members come on this forum to scare away people. People need to get past what they don't believe in and get to the information that they do.
Nicely said!

This may sound a bit harsh, but I have been thinking about this for awhile. I have heard a few say that sometimes people may be afraid to post because they are afraid they will get bashed. I submit that anyone who is afraid of being bashed knows from the start that they have done something not quite right, and are perhaps in fear of bashing because of guilt.

Anyone who has a legitimate question or comment should never be afraid to express it, no matter what kind of answers they get. These things are only words. Words cannot hurt you unless you allow them to. They cannot wound or scar unless you take them that way. Take them with a grain of salt, folks. Of course, postings with spoonfuls of sugar are better, for sure...

When you begin a thread, ask yourself what kind of answers do you expect? And sometimes it helps if you express that too. Tell people "please do not lecture me, I only want to know...", and perhaps they won't do it.

I love YT. I have learned a lot here. I have never yet been hurt by a post. I cringe for other people from time to time, however. I would love to see everyone live happily with each other, but the nature of the human beast would never allow that. There will always be controversy. Always be differences of opinion. Civility is needed to make this easier to bear.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Happy 2006, YT! I expect to be here for many years to come!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!