View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
Bitsy
Ultimate Banner!
Donating Member

Thumbs up Posted on your other thread...

Sounds like you are on the right track! I don't know anything about the breeder you mentioned, so I can't give any recommendation there. I will say that you can't just go off of what you see on a website, or what they tell you over the phone. Good place to start, but you will want to find out so much more. The next steps are really important.

It was really important for me to talk to the breeder in person, at their residence. Then you can see the sire and dam and the living conditions for the dogs. Take a list of questions to ask when you visit. When you are there you don't want to get too distracted with the puppies to actually get the info you need. Ask about the breeding lines the dam and sire come from, ask about testing...so much more, I'm sure there is a sticky somewhere with all the info.

When does she let the puppies go home? This right here will tell you a lot about the breeder, IMO. The best breeders want the pup to be 12 weeks or older.

You've been given a lot of good advice. I commend you so much for listening to it. Don't stop now! You buy the breeder first...and the puppy second.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!