View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
mauirobin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby yorkie View Post
I had a Yellow Nape Amazon and he DID NOT like Ally or my older pek getting ANY attention. He was a sweet little boy and turned to a biter. It broke my heart. It got to where I couldn't let him out of his cage because he would try to eat them! It was funny watching him chase my husband across the floor, but when it came to the dogs, it was scarey!

I never liked Amazon's much...they have a unique way of seducing you in for a scratch on the head, making you think they are all lovey-dovey & wham! No warning, just a chunk of your flesh missing. Guess I should say I never met one I liked, there might be some nice ones out there. The things I mentioned in the previous post are 100 times worse in Amazons, and they are much sneakier about their bites. Most birds give clues that let you know you will get bitten if you get too close, Amazons don't give you much warning.
The tail-flare/eye dialation that warns of a bite, is also the same activity that says, "Hey...I like you...c'mere!"

Like I said there might be nice ones out there...I'd be willing to bet they aren't sexually mature yet...lol. I have found them to be on the top of the charts for extreme emotional behavior.

Or perhaps, all that I met, knew I didn't like em much...who knows...lol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!