Thread: Stud Wars?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Athena9
Yorkie Talker

Embarassed Stud Wars?

I am taking a deep breath in...relax. I am new to YT & I really appreciate the sage advise that is offered here. I will admit to being nervous, I guess its almost a fear of being judged. I live in a rural area & I have just started breeding yorkies. We have had 3 litters so far and each one I have learned valuable lessons.
I have experienced birthing dogs, llamas, horses, sheep. I have learned that I am unable to send my babies to market (sheep) before anyone gets too crazy.
Regardless of the spiecies, all of the newborns need to go to a family that will love them & I expect that they will be going to a forever family, a life commitment.
We moved out to our 1/4 sec. with the thought of breeding American Saddlebreds & Friesians, sheep & llamas. My health took a major detour when I came down with listeria & required brain surgery to remove the lesions.
The surgery affected my balance, coordination, memory and plans for our farm.
My history lesson is given so that you may understand my motives for breeding yorkies. I am in for the long haul, serious about breeding dogs that are sound & companions that will enrich their new families.
It has taken a few years looking for yorkies that will be a solid founation. We started with picking a male puppy & as he matured I started questioning if he is the best suited. So, I found another male.
Oops...if I had to do it all over again... I now have war. Two male studs that want to kill each other. I have watched Cesaer, read books, etc. to try to find a way of establishing peace on the home front. I have thought of selling, neutering, joint ownership. They are both a member of our family & how do you give up family? (At least dog family.)
How do you keep peace? Muzzles? Am I a weak alpha? So many questions. Thank you for the opportunity of having so much knowledge, experience available for those of us just starting out.
Next time when I pose a question I will try to limit my history.
Athena9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!