View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana911 View Post
I always free fed, but Baby was just getting fatter and fatter and sometimes Bug would be a bit of a bully when the newbies were trying to eat, so we started feeding everybody twice a day. Well, Baby continued putting on weight and they would sometimes play around instead of buckle down and eat on that second meal, soooo, we've now dropped down to one meal a day and they are all doing just fine on that. Who knew? All six of them from the 85 pounder all the way down to the smallest one are doing great on one meal per day, served in the early afternoon. The rescues have filled out nicely, Baby is slowly starting to pare down, everybody is healthy and no one acts as if they are starving. We feed Blue grain free. Baby is extremely sedentary compared to everyone else....
That's kinda what I'm considering. Both mine have a tendency to gain weight, and I feed them modest amounts twice a day. They also get a lot of treats, though, for training. I'm wondering if one feeding a day would work. Glad to have your input, thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!