View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
amandaralynn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Peeing outside of kennel while inside the kennel

Loki (almost 6 months) has been having this little problem for a few weeks now. Since he was about 11 weeks we let him have the run of our kitchen. About a month ago we decided to start kenneling him again because I would return home to a room littered with pee pad fragments. When he began pooing the backing to the pee pad we knew it was time to kennel again.

He did quite well for the first few days, no pottying in the kennel (we sectioned it off). Then the third or fourth day he started peeing...just outside of the kennel onto the floor. Now I put a peepad in front of it so that he can't pee on the floor. Would this be considered condoning his behavior? I am starting to run out of paper towels and Nature's Miracle. I have put a blanket on the top of the kennel so that it is more "den" like for him and he doesn't pee on any other side but the front. I just don't get it.

When he gets out of the kennel he will pee for me on the pad no problem. And I know he does it soon after I leave because it is dry on the pad when I get home. He will go potty for me about 15 minutes before I leave, so I am not sure if he is just doing it to be defiant either. Any advice?

Also...he likes to bang his dishes together when he is eating...spilling his entire bowl of water....any suggestions on that either? I seems like it is neverending with this little guy...what he doesn't think of now, I know will be coming down the road eventually!!! But I love him and he is great!
amandaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!