Old 03-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
Gatord
♥ Jack & Josie ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
M&M,

Restraint in a Vehicle:
So many don't use any restraints at all when they take their Dogs in the car, but, personally, I think that Crating is a bit confining. Mine SO enjoy looking out the windows and Barking at first one thing and another (Guys with Weedeaters are a favorite )
The way I do it is, I use a Harness on each, and have dedicated Leash for each, run down through the space between the Seat and it's Back, which is tied off to the Seat Frame. This lets them look out a window, lay, sit and interact with us, but is adjusted where they can not be thrown forward or out a window, if there is a emergency stop...like that. When not in use, the Leash's lay flat and out of the way for passengers. There are special Harness' for Travel, but, I use regular ones, I wonder if anyone uses those Special ones, and why ?
I have a doggie car sit for mine. I did not like the moving around in the car thing, wasn't safe for them or me driving.
Car seat is big enough for both. It is aminly like a child booster seat. Top part of seat belt wraps around car seat the lap hooks through the back and the seat and it does not move. It has a ring to hook them to. I purchase a duel thingie (not sure what it is called) some people use it to walk two pets on one leash and they each get clipped to that to their harness. They can sit and look out, but usually they lay down and go to sleep. If I stop they get up and see where they are.

Also doggie proof home when I leave. They have only access to the kitchen and their room.

I have seen the warning signs to put in your windows for the pets in case of fire. ( I don't even like to think of that.) I need to get those.
I also leave two radios on, so they want be in complete silence.
Gatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!