View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
Freebird~Lynard Skynard

This one is hard to write. This song has become so emotional for me over the years. This song was played at my cousin's graduation as a symbol for all that was to come for the class of 2000. Two months later it was played at his funeral as an anthem for the freedom he now had as he was flying away to Heaven. His life was short, but he lived it to the fullest and touched so many people while he was here. His name was Wes. He died at 18 years old before he was even able to start living. For years I thought I would die at 18 like he did and here I am 23 years old and learning that God wants me to LIVE! I am as free as a bird. I cannot be chained. For as long as I am allowed breath I will LIVE IT UP and I will go places, see things, and enjoy my life.

When I graduated high school I painted the words FREE BIRD on my car and as I pulled away from that parking lot and went home to my own graduation party I blared that song for the whole 9 minute drive home.

Several years later I saw Skynard in concert. I got to hear them play Free Bird and I cried like a baby the whole song. It was a dream to see them and hear them play it. Knowing all the world would be alright and having my new husband there just a few short months after we got married. It was July 4th...three days after the anniversary of Wesley's death on July 1. That meant A LOT to be there that day. That was a huge moment.

So here it is....let it live on forever.
YouTube - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (live extended version)
Awwwwwwwwww Beautiful!!...I just seen Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert Saturday 3/5/2011 in Orlando Fl...and his every last song was Free Bird..Love it!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!