View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1130 View Post
Thanks for answering some of my questions. I just wasn't sure if what I was doing was right or not and what I needed to do next. LOL

I have been adding more of the canned food in and less of the cereal. All 4 will now stay at the plate. One will get away from it and I have to guide her back but they are all doing great with it. Poop is still normal....a little firmer than what it was but now they have real food so I expected that. Will start to add in ground up kibble and use less of the canned food and cereal now. Did put some water in there and showed them all it but none would take it. I even made it the same temp as their bottle. I am only doing it 3 times a day. Is that enough or should I do that more or less??? Also, after they eat they shake like they are cold. So I wipe them down since they make a mess and put them under the blanket to warm up. Is that normal too?? I think they get cold since they crawl in the plate and it gets on them. I also turn the heater on in the room before I put the food down just to try to make it a little warmer so they don't get too cold.

Thanks again for the help. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.
If mom is still nursing them 3 times a day is fine. I usually put mom in after they've finished to let her finish up what they've left and to clean them up.....

As mom's milk begins to disapate and change texture, usually about 5 weeks of age, I would add more a couple of more meals.....You'll find her reluctant to nurse when their milk teeth come in....so, that is when they'll begin eat more. I usually don't add ground kibble until their puppy teeth begin to come in.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!