View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I've been training my dogs for about a total of 2 hours per day, split throughout the day. During walks they get treats when they heel. During the day they get treats when they "come". They get treats when they "QUIET". They get treats when they are calm in the car. I haven't particularly paid much attention to the amount of treats because we are so focused on training/rewarding. I split the Zukes in 1/2. But I'll give them a peanut butter dog cookie throughout the day or sometimes give them tiny pieces of chicken or cheese during training. Cooper loves carrots so I may give him a baby carrot as well. It doesn't seem like a lot at a time however at the end of the day I'm left wondering why he doesn't eat his food for dinner. They may chew a bully stick in the evening.

I'm hopeful that Cooper will start to feel better so we can resume training. I'll have to figure out how to reward him at that point. Max has a stomach made of steel.

Cooper also has a licking/smacking lips behavior in the evenings. My vet and I both thought/think it's allergies and he's been on Zyrtec. Cottage cheese is used as a vehicle to get him to take his pill. I'm certain it's too much cottage cheese or perhaps he can't have dairy.

Last edited by AllDogBoots; 03-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.
AllDogBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!