Thread: dental cleaning
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
It does include blood work and all of that fun stuff. Chip was neutered with me and he did fine under anesthesia. Smokey was neutered before me, so I don't even know what to expect with him. And taking both in at the same day - I'm going to be a wreck! I feel better knowing that they aren't heavily sedated for this procedure. I brought our cat in for a dental before she died for a dental and she was fine. At the time though, Chip was deathly sick from a vaccine reaction, so I don't remember too much about what happened with her.

If anyone has any tips on how to brush their impossible dogs teeth, please feel free to share. It's not that I'm unwilling, I just get no where with them except for teeth marks and doggie saliva all over my hands from trying to keep their mouths open and still.

I would go for the dental. Pnut just had his and he is 3 years old. I was a stress ball, but in the end it was worth it! I tried to look in there and the two molars kinda in the front, those were like 80% covered in yuck. Soo I took him in, did the pre blood work, and the IV. Also the antibiotics to go home. Now his breath smells so good! It really smells like nothing and his teeth are nice and white.

If you can try to get someone to help hold Chip while you try to brush, thats what I do. DH will help me hold Pnut and I am able to get a little done, but I am not able to do a "good job".

Good luck with Chip and Smokey!!
lovespandp is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!