View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

If it was me and I had rescued a yorkie that had been abused for 2 years, I would just be very grateful for the opportunity to participate in his transformation and mourn his loss by ACCIDENT. If she had done something to intentionally harm your dog, it would be different. But it sound as if you lost control of your dog, she did too and it just resulted in a horrible accident. I think trying to ask for new puppy price at the high end for a replacement is out of bounds. If you do ask, then you should show receipts for what you paid the rescue. I really would NOT ask the woman for money. On the other hand, if I was this woman, I would probably at least offer some recompense. Sounds like it was a 50/50 responsibility situation. So, if you do ask, I would not ask for more than half of what you paid (not what top dogs are selling for as puppies). Also remember no one can really guarantee adult size unless they are selling an adult dog. That is usually a sales ploy. Some of the ones that advertise teacup/tiny/etc make sure to say size is not guaranteed in their actal sales contract that you normally don't see untill after you have picked a pup and laid down your $$$.

I am very sorry for yor loss. That had to be horrible to see your own baby crushed like that.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!