View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
Counterpose
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I just had my little girl spayed as well as some dental work on Thursday and she has done wonderfully! She is just over 3 lbs and is 8 months old. She has bounced back to her old self in just 3 days. Happy as ever. Just ensure you really trust your vet and can ask as many questions as you need. The last vet I had almost killed her scheduled for a previous spay appointment a few weeks before. They didn't even bother to do blood work and wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount of money to take her baby teeth. I found a new vet and his rates are super reasonable.n It is a small business and they have been in business for many years and have a great reputation. Trust your gut, get referrals if at all possible. Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkiesRGrrreat View Post
My Yorkie is 7 1/2 months old and is very tiny. We had no idea she would be so small. We have another Yorkie that is a little over 7 pounds, but for some reason little Sophie has just stayed so tiny. Our vet told us he didn't want to spay her until she is well over 2 pounds which I am totally fine with because I worry about her and there is no worry about her breeding because we have a fenced yard (and actually go out with her when she goes outside) and our other Yorkie is also female. Anyway, on her last check-up, she was finally 2 pounds 3 ounces and he says we can go ahead and schedule her spay, but I wanted to see if anybody else had their puppy spayed so tiny and if they did well. I guess I am just a little nervous about her going through the surgery. She seems healthy with the exception of some skin allergies which have resolved with a grain-free diet. Any advice is appreciated.
Counterpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!