View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #21
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiewerDiva View Post
I don't have a way to weigh her at my house, but about 3 weeks ago she weighed about 3.2 lbs. I am visiting the breeder's house today and will get her weighed there. The pretty one you mentioned is actually my Biewer, India. =) The mother is GG, the adult Yorkie which is pictured last.

As far as her tail, I am working on that while we are standing on the counter. While she is playing and running around it is up, and also when we are walking on a leash. I wish I had a way to record video because when we are practicing leash time, which she is picking up really quickly, she prances and put a lot of attitude in her step it seems. Very cute. I read on the internet that if I make the grooming table/counter area a fun place by playing with toys it will make her more confident of being up there, so I will start doing that.

Thank you very much for your input. I am going to ask this local person that I found if she wouldn't care to evaluate my girl and see what she says. If she turns out to not be show quality, I'm going to try very hard to not be disappointed, but I am still going to do the classes and enter her at shows for my learning's sake. =)
It is not unusual for young pups to have their tail down when standing. Here is a link to some video from the YTCA specialty that was held in New York earlier this year. You can order the video if you like. This link shows the judging of the dogs (males). Make the video full screen and you can really study the conformation and movement of the dogs. I would say that most of these dogs are from the top show lines from all over the country. Needless to say many of them will become champions.
Yorkshire Terrier Club of America 2011 National Specialty On-Demand Streaming Video

You said your girl has a lot of champions in her pedigree. Do you know what her lines are and what generation the champions start? Has her breeder ever shown? It sounds like she might be a good size for showing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!