View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Suze225
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Yorkies can be hard to potty train. Especially with two that are both untrained. Patience patience, patience is the name of the game.

I would confine them at night. Then IMMEDIATELY upon waking take them to their potty pad, carry them, if you let them walk they will probably potty on the way. KEEP them on the pad, until they go. Then when they do go give BIG BIG BIG praise, and a favorite treat. (When they pee say....Go potty. I say this to Bella during the first potty of the day and all I have to do is tell her, Go potty Bell, and she will potty on command. This only took maybe a month.)

I would also confine them more during the day. You may have to watch like a hawk, after they potty, give praise, treats! (For Jett I used 3 potty pads in his x pen ALMOST covering half the floor. The other side was his bed and food. Gradually I removed one pad, then two. He is now down to one pad and almost always hits the pad.) After they potty, let them out for play time! Then back in they go until they potty again. Then let them out again, and so on!

Patience is the key!! Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!