View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #15
cally930
Donating YT 500 Club Member

You just have to think to yourself that all this is temperary. Life changes from day to day. You never know what will be presented to you.

My story is a little unusual........ we married young and had our first when I was 18. Shockingly to me, he is turning 30 next week. My daughter came along a couple of years later. So by the time I was 32 I was going through, I guess you can say empty nest...... only because I was feeling that my 14 year old and 12 year old didn't need me. So we had our third.

When my first son went away to college, I kind of felt that it was his time and he was so independent, I felt totally comfortable....... but a couple of years later when my daughter was going away, I was a total mess. I went through the worst depression. I felt that I didn't have the type of relationship and closeness that I wanted to have with my daughter, and was afraid that I was going to have with her a relationship that I have with my mother - love - out of obligation. Well that passed (thank God), and a few years later, when I was 42, God blessed us with a little surprise. So now, we have 4 kids (all with the same husband) where my oldest has 23 years difference with his younger sister.

My two older ones have sinced married, and my daughter has blessed us with a grandaughter, and is now pregnant with her second.

So, enjoy your free time now. Make lunch dates, go shopping, take trips, romantic dinners, whatever interests you, because you never know what life brings you tomorrow - and that free time you have now, will once again be longed for.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!