View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
boopster
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Well, my nest has always been empty by choice, so I can't offer advice on adjusting to your youngest going away to school. But there are so many things you can do, there just isn't enough time in the day. What appeals to you? You mentioned knitting... there are lots of other fiber arts that might interest you - spinning, weaving, crochet, felting, sewing, embroidery... You can probably find a local guild where you can meet like-minded people and be exposed to all the wonderful possibilities. Check with your city recreation department -- and near by cities' as well. I've taken sterling silver jewelry making, ballroom dancing (that's where I met George!), dog training, and a lot of other classes through mine. Then there's gardening, painting, swimming, biking, you name it! There are so many things I want to do, I wish I could retire right now. I'm possibly the most shy person on earth, but it's so easy to get to know other people when you take a class or join a club with people who share your interests.

We did have a guest suite and single guest room at our house for use by the nieces and nephews when they were in town. Got tired of looking at empty guest rooms, so I turned the suite into my fiber arts studio and library, and the room into our computer room/office. Kept one bed and got a daybed, so we can still have guests when we like, but I'm enjoying all my space now.
boopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!