View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Jinger
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
I had a rough time when my youngest left for college this fall. I lost my husband to cancer Sep 08 so I truly have an empty nest except for my pups. In fact part of my coping stategy was to add another yorkie pup! That is where my little Annie came in the picture.

Be careful to watch for signs of depression so you can change course and head it off before it can take hold. I think I sunk a bit, but am pulling back out of it. All fall I kept pretty busy going to all my son's football games. Roadtrips! Then the holidays came and Dustin was home for Christmas break. After that I planned a trip to Virginia to see my oldest & his family and then to youngest's college for Family Weekend. Back home for surgery on my elbow (ulnar nerve entrapment) and that brings me up to date.

When I get some of this splint/wrapping off and my hand starts working again, I have 3 --half-finished afghans that need finishing. Love crocheting! I was working on them until my hand pretty much went useless. I also paint -- used to give lessons thru the Adult Education program here and before that in my home. I have thought of getting back to that (just the painting, no more giving classes) or maybe even taking some classes myself (like water color for instance). Then, I want to travel more, so I am planning at least 1-2 trips a year. If money holds up, I plan to stay as busy as this old body will let me.

Still, I long for the days kids were in and out of our home all the time, all their sports and most of all sharing every day with my DH. Miss him so very nuch. But I intend to see him again!
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I'm sure you do miss him terribly. My husband is also my best friend. I'm sad for you.
It's good you do so many things! And, that you get to enjoy Yorkie Love.
I started knitting last summer, as I had many surgeries last year and needed to pass my time in a new way. I LOVE it! In fact, I just started a new afghan day before yesterday. I call this my "year of the afghan" as I'm hoping to give family afghans for Christmas this year.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!