View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Jinger
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
It is tough! My youngest left for college last fall. She is not really that far away and comes home often. My DH works evenings, so now it is just me and the girls (dogs) in the evenings. So far, I have done ok. I love to do crafty things and scrapbook so I have been catching up on some of that. But, I think in time, I will get a little tired of that too. I definitely want to get involved with some type of community service for animals or children. I just need to figure out what/where. I have a background in animal science/health care, so I am really considering rescue work or fostering. But, I am afraid my empty nest syndrome will turn into animal hoarding. I am kind of a loner so stepping out to meet new people has always been difficult for me. I do work during the day, so at least I do get out for that.
Hahaha. My son's friends like to call me an animal hoarder for fun...and that's just with 4! Some days I think I could be a hermit and do okay. I also have trouble with the meeting new people thing. I'm much better at introducing myself "in type"

Last edited by Jinger; 03-04-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Jinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!