View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
yorkielord
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default crate size questions--training "fun" lol

We have a 10 week old yorkie "Snickers" and have been advised by our vet to utilize a crate for training and sleeping.

We started trying to do the potty pads thing and that has thus far been hit and miss. We also started last week doing the outside walks and potty training as well and try to use the pads for accidents. Sometimes she uses the pads, sometimes she doesn't for the accidents. it hasn't helped that she was sick for a couple days.

Anyways we bought a crate today that is for Intermediate size dogs, basically up to 20lbs(pugs, jack russels, etc)...dimensions are 24x18x20...then we were in Petsmart and saw they have the X-small crates specifically for dogs up to 12lbs like yorkies.

I work from home and my wife homeschoosl our son so mos tof the time we are home and plan on using the crate only for night time, when we have to be gone for extended periods, or to use for potty training.

My question is this..is the Intermediate crate ok? Or will it cause an issue by being slightly larger than the smaller crate? The smaller crate dimensions 18x12x14..but is MUCH more expensive. LOL

thanks,

Josh and Staci...and Snickers. lol
yorkielord is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!