View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Foxsha75
Yorkie Talker

Cry Crate training 4 month old puppies....Yikes

Hello everyone,
Me and my girlfriend bought 2 yorkie puppies from a breeder around two months ago (Snickers and Pickles) They are really sweet, but have very different personalities. Pickles was the smallest of the litter and he is a bit shy, while Snickers is the big brother who is very hyper and playful.

The problem that I am having is that Pickles will not utilize the potty pads like he is supposed to. We had changed the size of their area to a larger sized puppy enclosure just to see if it was a space issue, and it just got worse. He poopies in empty spaces around the enclosure, and tinkles right in our face outside the puppy pad. Whenever they are having playtime round the room, he also tinkles on the carpet right in plain view. Snickers has the puppy pad training down a lot more than Pickles so I am really focusing my energy on Pickles.

We started them on puppy pad training when they first arrived and it went alright at first. Until they started eating the puppy pads.We tried newspaper, and it was pretty much the same result...eating and ripping it up. Bitter Apple doesnt phase them and its pretty much like binaca to them. So we got the washable puppy pads and they work...just have to figure out how to keep them on the right side since the puppies like to play with them (maybe there is a puppy pad holder for washable puppy pads since they are so thick and will not fit a normal one)

We have a 2 story house, so during the day they are in their playpen or in rooms that I am working in and they have puppy pads in every single room just in case an accident occurs. I am a student, so I spend some of my time on front of my computer. At night my girlfriend insists on having them in their puppy bed in the bedroom as we sleep. I don't like that because they have free range of the room as we sleep and they leave presents that are not on the puppy pad every morning.... and that has been happening for the past few weeks.

I am beyond frustrated because the tinkling is causing the smell around the house, and I feel like I have to be around them all the time just to make sure they are doing the right thing. So when we have time together out side the house (running errands, date night, gym, school) , its very limited and its hurting our relationship especially now since she will be leaving soon.

So were are deciding on crate training to alleviate this issue....and a deep cleaner for the carpet In a month, my girlfriend will be deploying to Afghanistan for a year, and I have to tend to them by myself. Any help would be great and I appreciate so much

Sincerely,

Shanesta, Pickles and Snickers
Foxsha75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!