View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
Furbaby Friend
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkiecalvin View Post
I am looking for a lower protein food to feed Calvin after he gets his six month liver shunt blood work done. I have been feeding Bella wellness and Calvin is on the prescription food from the vet. The vet said that as long as his blood work comes back ok he can go back to regular food. So here I am looking for a lower protein food. The NB has 21 grams of protein compared to 28 in wellness. Does anyone else fee NB and do you like it?
I feed both Rylie (my morkie) and Suki (my cat) NB LID and LOVE it. You can see many posts here where I have recommended it.

I put Rylie on it because 1. I felt more comfortable feeding a lower protein food and 2. my cat Suki has food allergies and I didn't want her having a reaction if she accidentally got into Rylie's food.

Suki has been in NB LID since I figured out she had food allergies (no thanks to my old vet... we now have a new awesome vet). She stopped puking up her food almost everyday and stopped ripping her ears apart. She still has some kind of environmental allergy though because she does still scratch her ears. We are currently trying to treat her with a low dose steroid regimen.

All in all, I love NB. Both my pets are happy and healthy and it is a good quality food. It is also grain free, lower protein, etc.!

Oh and btw, NB also makes Limited Ingredient Treats (L.I.T)! Rylie loves those too! I got the potato and bison so that it is different from her kibble. We'll try another flavor once her current treats run out.
Furbaby Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!