View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
bellemarie
YT 500 Club Member

i get a heck of a lot of 'hi, how much you looking?' emails, and i always make a point of putting in as much info as possible, but it is mostly ignored i imagine. i never expect a reponse to those emails (i know my puppies aren't 'cheap', as you can get a 6 week 'tcup' unreg pup delivered to your door for £280- how on earth?) and thats what people expect to pay for a well bred well cared for puppy as well. i now know one of the best show breeders in ni, and they have told me that in the past they have had issues getting good homes for their babies- and champion sired dogs are soo hard to find here! but, people want a bargin; if the price is all they care about, i don't mind not getting a reply! i have had a few people whos first email had just inquired about price, who after reading my infomail has ended up with one of my pups after realising they had not been looking for the right thing- but that is a rare event and i am very picky of course.
one thing i Hate is when their 2nd email is 'How much? my last one was only £*** last year, and he is dlc registered !' dlc is the dog lovers club registry that would register Anything just by photo 'verification'.
so i agree that you should tell the breeder a little about yourself- after reading their webpage or reading their ad (i know that mine at least are always soo detailed) you know a fair bit about them, so why not let them know a bit about who they are talking to?

i'm not great at phone calls, so i like doing a lot of the communication through email if possible, but those conversations (the ones who are possible puppymommas/puppypappas) are pretty much as extensively detailed as calls...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!