Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Dental issues

When I took my yorkie in for a vet checkup I was told that she has one bad tooth. The vet showed me the tooth and it was a yellow greenish color. He reccomends a dental cleaning, a a possible tooth extraction. He also wants to spay her at the same time. I am scared because this seems like a lot to do all at once. I was also concerned because i have heard a bad tooth/teeth could cause damage to their vital organs. Well the vet told me that this happened before I got her, and the damage is already done
I do not want to lose my precious little one during a evasive surgery. So I am thinking of just doing the dental first, but then down the road she will eventually need to be spayed , and put under again... I do not know what to do. The grand total for all of these procedures is around $300.00 or more. That was just the estimate. Not including pain meds, antibiotics and everything. I'll get it done no matter what the costs are, I am just concerned that it is a lot to do on her all at once, and she is going to feel awful afterwards. Concerned that she will not eat cause her mouth hurts, and the spay , making her extremely uncomfortable.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!