View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
alinkc
Yorkie Yakker

Default Advice please?!?

I am having the worst time trying to "P" train Gizmo. I am at my witts end and just don't know what to do! I am crate and x-pen training. He's in the x-pen when i'm home and crate when i'm gone. He is 6 months old and I have had him for 3 months. He does pretty good in the x-pen as long as I stay on top of taking him out but if I don't he will not hold it and goes. Every time I have to put him in the crate no matter how long he soils it and lays in it. I had it blocked off so he only had room to lay down so decided to make it bigger so maybe he would at least go at one end and lay at the other. NOPE! He has pretty much had to have a bath on a daily basis since I have had him. Last month I decided to get him a bed to use in his x-pen. So he decides to pee and poo right in the middle of it and LAY in it! I cleaned it with some enzyme cleaner and put it back in. He did it again so I took it out and threw it in the trash! I went ahead and bought another one 2 days ago to try again. I left the room for a few minutes and when I came back he had pooed and was laying on top of it! It was like he was just waiting for me to leave to do it. He is now not allowed in the bed at all. Correct me if i'm wrong but it thought keeping their bed clean is important to them. When I first got him I had to rush him to the vet because he had a hypoglycemic attack and I almost lost him. He's had 2 more but not as bad. I've been told that the attacks could cause brain damage. Could that be the case? I have also been trying to teach him the simple command sit for 2 months with no progress. Not to sound harsh or anything but is my little guy retarded? Stubborness? I am so frustrated and just want to cry. Any advice please???

This is him mad at me after one of his MANY baths!

IMAG0105_rsz.jpg
alinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!