View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
Ab-bo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Started having mushy poo at night after shots...

Hi! This is my first post. I came across this commuity in searching for what could be wrong with my Yorkie. Her name is Abby and she's 16 months old and weight 4.8 lbs.

This past Friday morning (2/25/11) we took her in for her rabies vaccination as well as her check up and she got a distemper vaccination also. Then that she woke us up 3 times to go to the bathroom, it was mushy stool.

She was acting normal all day, so we looked up information in the morning and figured maybe it was just stress as she yelped pretty loudly after the 2nd shot. However, it continued thru Sunday night and I called the vet Monday morning.

After going over what I said above, the nurse said it's probably stress and to just treat her like normal and if it continues up to tues or weds to bring her in and the vet could take a look at her and we could send in a sample.

Well it happened again last night, but this morning when she went #2, it was no longer just mushy it is now a bit runny. I'm going to call the vet again this morning when they open at 9am, but in the mean time I was curious if any one else had any thought/ideas on what could be wrong w/my poor Abby.

She seems perfectly normal, but for some reason she wakes us up to go #2 3-4 times a night these past 4 nights and she usually only goes 2 times a day (on when she wakes up and then one around 5/6pm).
Ab-bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!