View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 AM   #11
lizzieg
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
Animal control, humane society, various rescues (why is everyone so negative about the pounds I have volunteered then until others do shush you assume and don't know what goes one) even an abandonded pup at a vets office is the best decision rather than a return to someone who didn't care....being 18 isn't an excuse I was a single mom working full time going to school full time volunteering at a rescue in my free time, and had rescue pets that depended on me....maturity doesn't always come with age either...
Either or I hope it all works out, but ye your friend seems to make really bad decisions.
I agree, nothing wrong with taking her to a pound or even better, to a vet's office. Here in the southeast, a good bit of our pounds are kill shelters. That bothers me. The county next to ours had a 30% kill rate, so two summers ago, I fostered 22 dogs of all sorts, found them good families, and kept them from getting killed. It was a ton of work, but was worth it when they got to good families. I've gotten a lot of great pictures and reports from the families that adopted.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!