View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinechic View Post
You guys were absolutely wonderful giving advice and helping me with the crate training. It's going pretty well so far; she totally has to be coaxed in and frequently has to be coaxed into sleep. She'll hang out, play, and eat by it but won't go in on her own. But I know that it takes time, that Noli is still so young (8 weeks) and that she will get better.

But I've got work tomorrow and can't find a sitter. It's a short shift - I'll be gone for just over three hours. Then later there will be 45 minutes between when I leave for my second job and the boyfriend gets home from his. But I'm absolutely terrified to leave her. She was home for 2 hours on Saturday and I'm almost 100% certain she was hysterical the entire time. Though she did pee and poop on the paper :-D (it's the little things).

I got an xpen but it was too big for the apartment. We've got a nice setup in the hallway, though. I've put in her crate, a bunch of toys, her food and water bowls, and pee pads (when the boyfriend left her on Saturday he also had classical music playing). But she HATES it.

I'm trying the techniques I've found on here...leaving her for a bit then coming when she's quiet. The trouble is that she is never quiet. She doesn't stop crying. Five seconds at the most? Not long enough that I think she'd understand the connection. I try to reward her but she's uninterested in treats.

She just started her nap; she's in her crate in the living room with me. QUICK! Any tips for after she wakes up? How can I calm her down?
Congrats on your new furbaby!
She is awfully young to be away from her Mom and litter mates...try putting something of yours with her in the crate...something she can cuddle in that has your scent on it. Or...you could always get her a brother or sister!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!