View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Alternatives to Fish Oil and Glucosamine

So Miss Taycie can not tolerate fish. I first noticed this in October when I gave her a Tbsp of Before Grain Salmon to mix with her dry food. That led to severe diaherra the rest of the day At one point last year about August I tried Blue Buffalo Longevity. It is fish based. Things seemed fine for about 2 weeks then the diaherra hit and I immedietly took her off of it.

Currently I have her on Pinnacle Duck and Potato since the beginning of January and she is doing Fantastic on it. I have absolutely no desire to switch but may look into some of Natural Balance's LID Food just to rotate protein sources.

Since being on Pinnacle her stool has been better then it has EVER been. Her energy has been wonderful and she is thriving. But I still noticed her eyes were runny and goopy. She was also rubbing her head alot. I have still been supplementing with both fish oil and glucosamine since about October and this week I have decided to stop. At first I really didn't put it together, I know I feel like a bad mom My poor baby! But I think she really can not tolerate any sort of fish at all.

It has already been 24 hours and I notice a difference. Her eyes are not runny at ALL! So my plan is to try nothing for the week and see if she continues to improve. If this is the case... any ideas what I could use in place of fish oil/glucosamine?

Thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!