View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #5
sami
Yorkie Yakker

I would wait and see what the vet says. Going thru a pregnacy can be a very fun but scary process. dont do it unless you can completely commit yourself in mind, body and pocket book.
By in mind in mean its a roller coaster, she she pregos, is it a false birth? then you get all excited hereing the heartbeat, and the next week the puppies are absorbed by the mommy.
You need to be constantly in contact with your pregos mommy. Look what happened when you left her alone for 5 min. They need your constant monitoring. Making sure they are eatting, pooping and drinking plenty of water. Also now is notthe time to have her getting into chocolate or poisonous plants.
Even though in nature it happens for free, this is going to cost you, and big time. Each vet visit is $50, xrays $150X2, Whelping box $100, whelping supplies $100, heating pad $100. And all this if it all goes as planed. If there is any problem add $100 then multiply by 2. Cause if your gonna do then you better do it.
I recently was in your shoes, and am actually waiting for my litter as we speak. Its really exciting, but if you really love your baby and want it all to go well, there is a lot of nerves and scares headed your way. If you feel you are ready for it, DO IT. It can be the most miraculous experience. I wish you the best of luck.

Sami
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!