View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #13
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Sis View Post
agree
I think group work often allows the underachievers to get the good grades due to the overachievers work. Sometime the grade is lower to the lowest students effort but often the highest student will tip the balance to their level to make sure their grade does not suffer.
I teach in a Middle School.. I hate assigning group work projects to my students because I will see one student do all the work, or one student who is aggressive want everything their way and not let other student do work. I do food labs, so that has to be a group assignment. If I see one student not doing their part I will adjust the grade for that student.
Group work is great on "paper", but it is often unfair, life is often unfair. It is a skill that students need to develop, but the teacher must be observant to monitor the activity.
To OP.. I really think your professor should listen to you. Try to talk to him/her again.
Good luck
Thanks, I'm working on the professor, he's just really hesitant to have a group of 6 and a group of 4, when the whole class is supposed to be in groups of 5. Which honestly I think the whole class is BS. I'm trying to make him see that right now as it stands we're a group of 1 maybe 2, but the bf still hasn't stepped up and done any work on this case.

So yeah, I'm still cranky. One group member just apologized to me, but at the same time he still hasn't contributed. I'll feel a lot better when I get this all done tonight and can hopefully move to a new group.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!