View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
Tinksmygirl
YT Addict

Default Pet Plan Insurance My first Claim

Unfortunately I am filing my first claim with Pet Plan insurance for the vet bills resulting from Tinks illness. Since there are frequent posts asking for reccomendations on different insurance plans I thought I would post my experiences here for eveyones benefit.

I purchased this policy 1 week after bringing Tink home. I believe she was 14 weeks old at the time. I have the silver plan with a $200 per incident deductable with no co-pay, and a $12,000 a year limit. My premium is $340 a year. My vet faxed over Tinks entire medical history on Thursday 2/24/11 after her vet visit. My vet filled out the claim form and I faxed it and the paid invoice for $449 dollars on Friday 2/25/11, 24 hours after her visit. I filled out a seperate claim form for today's vist and the receptionist at the vets office offered to fax it for me as I would have had to wait until monday to do this at work. Todays bill came to $175.75. So I have $624.75 in vet bills for this illness and based on my plans terms I should expect to be rembursed for $424.75. I just logged on to Pet Plans site to check the progress on my claims and so far there is no record of them. It is probably a little too soon, but If I don't see my claim on the website or hear from them by Tuesday I will give them a call.

I am really hoping for an easy process as I have done everything I should have and Tink has been covered from the beginning with no prior conditions. I will update this thread as I go along through this process.
Tinksmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!