View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
dennyk
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 049 Please help! Our potty trained male yorkie is suddenly peeing EVERYWHERE!

Hi everyone,

We have an 8 month old male yorkie, Denny, who we are absolutely crazy about. He has been a wonderful addition to our family.

Denny sleeps in a crate next to our bed at night, and he stays in his crate during the day while we work. We take him outside immediately when he wakes up and when we get home from work. While we are home evenings and weekends, Denny rings a bell and barks to be let out, usually every 1 1/2 hours or so. We had a wonderful routine going and felt so blessed that he caught on so well to the potty training routine.

However, just within the last week or so, he has been having accidents all over the house: sometimes right after he was just outside! He has peed all over our couch, basement, blankets, stairs, even right in front of me on our hardwood kitchen floor without even attempting to let me know he needed to go outside. It is never in the same spot. He is also now lifting his leg; he has never done that before--always just squatted. We are so frustrated because he was doing so well and never had accidents; now it is a constant struggle, just within the last week.

He is not neutered (yet) but we have been talking about getting him to the vet to look at our options. Will neutering help this problem? Is he marking his territory? Is he sensing females in the neighborhood? Neither my husband or I have ever had a yorkie before...any help/advice you can give us would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to everyone for helping!
dennyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!