View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkiesRGrrreat View Post
My Yorkie is 7 1/2 months old and is very tiny. We had no idea she would be so small. We have another Yorkie that is a little over 7 pounds, but for some reason little Sophie has just stayed so tiny. Our vet told us he didn't want to spay her until she is well over 2 pounds which I am totally fine with because I worry about her and there is no worry about her breeding because we have a fenced yard (and actually go out with her when she goes outside) and our other Yorkie is also female. Anyway, on her last check-up, she was finally 2 pounds 3 ounces and he says we can go ahead and schedule her spay, but I wanted to see if anybody else had their puppy spayed so tiny and if they did well. I guess I am just a little nervous about her going through the surgery. She seems healthy with the exception of some skin allergies which have resolved with a grain-free diet. Any advice is appreciated.
My Apple had a real growing spurt about 10 or 11 months...Is there any reason you wouldn't want to wait until then? Apple was spayed at 12 months old, and weighed 5 lbs...
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!