View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Amazing Yorkies
YT Featured Breeder
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
When contacting breeders I usually talk about myself and my knowledge of the breed- past experience with them, comments on certain health or behavioral problems I have encountered and I how I dealt with them. Then I will commend them on anything I liked about them that I found out from their site and ask other questions I have that I may not have found, what tests they do, how much they breed, etc. I think it is okay to say what you are looking for- for example when I was looking for a second I said I was interested in a male (ha! I ended up with a female anyway). Obviously a breeder wants to know what you are looking for- but they also want to know you are interested in more than price, size, and color.

I love getting emails like this! It shows respect and knowledge of the breed. It gives a starting point for the adoption process. Even those that haven't had a Yorkie before, should have researched the breed before buying.
I will not answer the one line emails "How much are your puppies?" Or "How much are your females? Or my favorite.. Those that don't know enough about the breed, or colors. "I want a gray and brown teacup, How much?"
Myself, I prefer emails at 1st, then phone calls.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!