View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Default White spots on eyes/shaking

Yesterday, Scarlett had what looked like a hypoglycemic episode. I gave her some nutrical and chicken and it went away.

This afternoon, she started to shake again. I gave her the nutrical and chicken and it lessened up for about 15 minutes. It started up again, even stronger. I gave her some more nutrical and headed for the vets office. They took her blood sugar, it was normal. While examining her, the vet noticed a couple of white spots on her eyes that I hadn't noticed. They checked with the opthalmascope and it wasn't corneal ulcers. The vet isn't sure what it is. She said that sometimes dogs can get fatty deposits on the corneas, but Scarlett is too young for that. Scarlett's shaking lessened up, so they sent us home with instructions to watch her over night and to head to the ER if she gets bad again.

We go back tomorrow for serial blood glucoses and a CBC, urinalysis and full chem panel.

I'm really not sure what is going on with her. She's eaten well today but she's been very clingy. I feel badly that I can't figure out what is going on with her. She hasn't had a hypoglycemic episode since she was very tiny and at her age and weight, she really shouldn't have them at all.

Any ideas?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!