View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Hi Welcome to YT!!

With a pup that young...I wouldn't start crate training just yet, I wouldn't even try potty training cause she is to young to go outside...use potty pads...she is way to young to be away from her Mother and littermates.

I would try a play yard instead of a crate...you can put food/water/toys/bed/potty pads in them and she can see everything that is going on...I would keep her in the play yard at all times, only taking her out to play with her for a few minutes at a time...you don't wanna over handle her or make her so tired her sugar level drops...puppies at her age need food/water out for them 24/7...they can NOT hold there pee/poop at all at this age...thats why she needs a place that will hold her bed/toys/food/water on one side and potty pads on the other side...I wouldn't start any training until she is 12 weeks old.

Puppies are like kids if they cry and you run to them they will continue to cry cause they know its only a matter of time before you will come and get her and thats probably why she is getting worst and cause she is so young, she is not use to being alone...she always had mom and littermates with her...I would let her cry as long as you know she is ok...just let her work it out...you might try getting one of these stuffed toys that has the heart beat in it...you can get them at pet smart...you said she falls asleep on your chest so she is hearing your heart beat..and put a few other toys in with her so she has something to snuggle up too...and I would put that play yard right by your bed so she can see and smell you..I hope this helps...good luck.

Here is the play yard I 'm talking about...you can order them online from Ebay...I have the 24x44 and it perfect for my pup and he is 5 mos old I also have a large one 36x57 that I keep downstairs, the small one I keep upstairs by my bed and he never cry...he loves his play yards they are like his safe place, he goes right in...and so will your baby once she gets use to it...make her world revolve around her play yard so that its fun and safe for her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 212334023_o.jpg (80.7 KB, 24 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!