View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
babbsiam44
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseylovestosho View Post
I was walking Teddy around my apartment complex instead of the lake like I usually do because the latter has too many distractions, and unfortunately our (well...my level lol) of training isn't to where he can walk pleasantly on leash with so many people, dogs, etc...anyways this man had two huge dogs on a leash (one was lying down and the other one was standing and pulling forward) and as I was getting closer to him and the dogs I asked if his dogs were friendly. He said that yes that they were, and so I kept walking their way. Teddy, who is incredibly social stopped dead on his tracks and lay on the ground and wouldn't budge. Usually, Teddy tries to pull ahead because he loves greeting all dogs, and people so I thought that this was pretty strange. I took a step closer and all of a sudden both of his huge dogs started jumping, barking and fighting EACH OTHER AGGRESSIVELY. I quickly started walking Teddy in the other direction, while the owner started yelling at me "sorry about that!" while SIMULTANEOUSLY SPANKING HIS DOG! I AM STILL ANGRY as I type this. If Teddy had not hesitated and ran up to them as he usually does (well try to because I never let Teddy get close to another dog unless I think it's okay, what I mean by pull ahead is that he makes the gesture to do so and keeps pulling...) I am quite sure that they would have pounced him! It's not as if he was surprised by their behavior, HE SPANKED THE DOG! Which clearly means, this is not the first time! What on earth was he thinking saying that it's alright for an 8lb dog to approach his 80lb aggressive dogs?! SERIOUSLY!?!?!
I do not think that he was trying to mislead you when he said, "He said that yes that they were" . I just got into a conversation about this tonight with my sister-in-law. For all he knew about his dogs, concerning your dog, was that it was OK to approach. I am sure he was not setting you up. Thank God that Teddy has a sixth sense that we as human do not. As for the "spanking" of his 80lb pooches, I just don't know. I mean, some of us here only probably weigh somewhat a little over.

I can only ask, what you would have done if you would have had them dogs who weighed 80lbs a piece or together for a combined total of 80lbs? I do know that I would have been upset with them and probably would not take them out again without a muzzle.
babbsiam44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!