View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
babbsiam44
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONLYNN View Post
Your dog won't starve. Just make sure to keep your dog on a schedule and only give it to them at that time, don't free feed. They will eat because they will be hungry then. If they don't eat it within 10 minutes pull the bowl up and let them skip that meal (they will definitely eat it the next meal). The transition shouldn't be hard.

Free feed is what I do. If you want to switch over then do it gradually. This is what I do ...I usually have boiled chicken on hand, in the freezer and fridge. I will give some chicken, chicken broth and dry kibble mixed all together and heat in micro. They love it. Then I leave dry kibble out all day long. If the next morn they do not eat all the dry kibble, I will take what is in their bowl and repeat the above, but maybe add something else like...veggies, scrambled egg, a little cottage cheese. I sprinkle parmesan cheese on top to make it more appetizing. You have to "know" your baby(or get to know them). They can be picky as they are known to be. Keep in mind that you don't want the same thing every night!! Whew....they are more work than feeding my DH...LOL
babbsiam44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!