Thread: Curious..
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielove2910 View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany and I joined yorkietalk tonight. My boyfriend and I just received our baby Luna this past Sunday. This is our first yorkie and we are already madly in love with her!

I took her to the vet today for her check up. The vet told me that everything is good, but she does have luxating patella. I was wondering if this normally causes complications further down the road? What should I look out for?

Also, before I purchased Luna from my breeder I told her that I was looking for a girl on the smaller side, around 4-5 lb. range. The breeder told me that she would be that size. However, Luna is exactly 2 lbs. right now at 8 weeks. The vet guessed 8 lbs. full grown, but told me not to quote her on that. Unfortunately, I did not get to see Luna's parents since it would have been about a 7 hour round trip for me. But she did tell me that her females she breeds are between 4 and 6 lbs. and her males range from 2 1/2 to 4 lbs. Does anyone have an idea of how big she will get?

Of course, it doesn't really matter because I love her to death! But I am just curious. Thank you!
Welcome to YT. Congratulations on your new little fur daughter. All I can sey since this baby was much too young to let go from her mom and littermates is this........do all you can to keep her well and happy. If she isn't limping due to LP then don't fix it. I have one that has a grade 3 and has had for almost six years and has had no problems.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!