View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #15
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Animal husbandry is an important thing to teach children...not to mention it teaches them compassion, responsibility and...well to me teaching those characteristics are all part of parenting...unfortunately they don't happen enough in society now.

I was shocked at home my children both jumped in and willingly took part in many things I didn't expect...believe it or not picking up poop is one thing they don't even fuss about, they offer and willing do it! They love using the Poop Patrol grabber! They teach tricks and my daughter whom is 11 aids in grooming as she is getting really into that part of it...my son feeds the dogs dinner every night...we all play with them...I didn't impose animal chores on them, they jumped in with walking and it went from there. I do all the walking though the kids are busy with school and sports and my schedule fits it in.
My son actually saw the agility course on YT and talked Dad into letting us have one in our backyard...it's not built yet but it's their Spring project...'my' Yorkie Elvis is actually my daughter's dog. Although he is my shadow, goes everywhere with me, they are very bonded...I wouldn't impose all the aspects of animal care on children, period. I'm lucky my kids want to, but then again, we are into doing things as a family...having dogs is one of them.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!