View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 AM   #8
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess10 View Post
Princess is just over a year old and will be getting spayed & microchipped march 7.
I just wondered, is this relatively safe to have done on a 7# dog? How will I keep her "chilled out" after the surgery so she doesn't open herself up? I think it would be further upsetting to keep her in her crate....i don't know! will she have to wear a cone or anything? does anyone know the turn around before she's back to her spunky self? will the spay affect her spunky nature?

thanks so much!
Apple was a year old, when I got her spayed, and I'm very glad I waited 'till she was this age...She weighed 5 lbs. and did great! Cha Cha was about a year and a half old, when she was spayed, weighed just under 4 lbs. and she did great too! Neither of my girls needed a cone, and didn't bother w/their stitches...Of course, I give my vet all the credit (She's amazing!) The first 24 hrs. I didn't have to do anything to keep my Apple calm (she was an only pup at the time) I did keep Cha Cha gated in a bedroom for 72 hrs., because she's a fly around the house Chorkie, and I didn't want her getting involved w/play w/Apple & Buzz...She spay didn't calm either of my girls down...I did have to watch Apple's weight, afte spay, but she's not overweight now....Just be sure and have all the pre-tests done, and, absolutely, have a good feeling about your vet! All the best w/your baby...Will say a little prayer for her, the doctors, the ones attending her, and, especially YOU!
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!