View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 AM   #18
melemel10
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to Hot Rod View Post
Hi and welcome to YT.

Have you heard of potty pads? They are pads (disposable or washable) that you use for indoors. You can pretty much find them at any place that sells pet products. They are wonderful for the winter and yucky weather. The disposables come in many different sizes. You leave one whereever you want them to get used to pottying. Once you pick a spot, you should move it slowly because they learn where it is. Even with the pad, you have to watch them very carefully as they still need to learn that it is for them to use.

I would put a couple together in an area and as she gets used to them, slowly make the area smaller until you have one pad down. Now, I have kept mine on pads as well as taking them out. I keep one in their expen and we kept a couple in my hubby's garage and they "go out" throughout the night and in bad weather.

The washable pads are reuseable and have a cute print sew on top so it kinda hides the fact that it is a potty pad.

If your little one is eating throughout the day, I wouldn't worry about blood sugar levels. 9 week old puppies need lots of sleep. Shoot, 3 1/2 year olds need a lot of sleep. lol, my boy sleeps quite a bit. Just keep an eye and make sure that she's got food and fresh water available at all times.

How did her vet appt go?
Thanks again for your responce I have the puppy pads just thought the grid was a pattern they should be laid down in.. Her apt was good they tested to make sure she had no warms we go back in 4 wks for another round of shot plus got the meds to prevent the heart worms and other one that will kill her my vet had great info for me its just a process of learning for both of us.. have you taken your boys to puppy school? when I was at petco they were telling me about them and said they help.. wasnt sure I thought maybe she was to young then thought well it might be better to start her young im so confussed again.. I think when my daughter was a baby it was a little easier.. at least she bit my toes..lol
melemel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!