Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 AM   #12
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

SDale Welcome! You came to the right place YT is the best!

Toys:

I too have gone through and still go through many toys here...mine eat the squeakers out when they "kill" their toys and shred stuffies and oh so much more!
The Pet Stages Rag Rope Ball lasts around here pretty well with two dogs that tug of war on it and it with stands a few washes in the machine...Kong products are pretty great too! Many people go to harder toys when theirs get chewed and I avoid that personally as cleaning up stuffing that has been shredded seems a better trade -off to me than dealing with worn or broken teeth later...lots of people have other favorites too. I'm sure they'll share with you.

General New Yorkie stuff to be aware of:

Most people on here agree a harness is better than a collar but everyone here agrees never a collar for walking-Yorkies are prone to a collapsing trachea-you'll see CT used to refer to that when people talk about collars.
Yorkies also are prone to hypoglycemia so many people talk about keeping Nutrical (sold at most pet stores) and Karo (yes the syrup from any grocery store) on hand at all times. Personally I also always keep around and use ACV (Apple cider Vinegar) as a staple as well as a triple antibiotic ointment (like Neosporin) and a syringe (needless) for measuring and well lets be honest fore-feeding-just like a child's medicine dropper. Having a dog first aid kit you make yourself is priceless!
www.organic-pet-digest.com

Yorkies are hard to potty train: some people litter train, outdoor train, use potty pads or the grid system, the new AKC potty patch...but consistency is key and don't get discouraged-they are more difficult than other breeds.

The YT "secret":

Well besides all the free advice that is princess from product reviews to what to do when...
Many people on here make products and sell them!
From harnesses, harness cloths, cloths, cone collars, reusable/washable potty pads, combs, shampoos,other grooming supplies, greeting cards, address labels, and oh so much check out the sales section and notice the links under ppl's posts-there's correlation with YT other than ppl can sell their stuff on here but I personally love that it is possible as you meet the ppl here, and you can see many created what they sell out of experience and the need for something that really works!

Enough from me the peanut gallery...just wanted to share some newbie stuff I would have liked to have known right away!

Again Congrats!
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!