Thread: Curious..
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
yorkielove2910
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Curious..

Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany and I joined yorkietalk tonight. My boyfriend and I just received our baby Luna this past Sunday. This is our first yorkie and we are already madly in love with her!

I took her to the vet today for her check up. The vet told me that everything is good, but she does have luxating patella. I was wondering if this normally causes complications further down the road? What should I look out for?

Also, before I purchased Luna from my breeder I told her that I was looking for a girl on the smaller side, around 4-5 lb. range. The breeder told me that she would be that size. However, Luna is exactly 2 lbs. right now at 8 weeks. The vet guessed 8 lbs. full grown, but told me not to quote her on that. Unfortunately, I did not get to see Luna's parents since it would have been about a 7 hour round trip for me. But she did tell me that her females she breeds are between 4 and 6 lbs. and her males range from 2 1/2 to 4 lbs. Does anyone have an idea of how big she will get?

Of course, it doesn't really matter because I love her to death! But I am just curious. Thank you!
yorkielove2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!